EVERYBODY WANTS TO CHANGE:
One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life. Psalm 27:4
4 PRINCIPLES: Why “MY ONE WORD” ?
I. Every Story Of TRANSFORMATION Begins With A WORD From God. Yours Will Come A Year In Advance.
II. Do Something About ONE THING, Instead Of Nothing About EVERYTHING.
III. A LENS Through Which You SEE, Not A PROMISE You Must Keep.
IV. Keep Your “Word From God” In FRONT of you so you won’t FORGET God’s Voice.
A Symbol Of Your Personal, Private… ALTAR!
NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS:
They Are Too Vague:
They Are Too Shallow:
There Are Too Many:
The Power Of My One Word Is The Power Of The Bible. Your Word Is A Word From God’s Word Illuminated In Your Heart.
19Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.
20Human anger does not produce the righteousness God desires.
21So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives,
and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts,
for it has the power to save your souls.
22But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.
23For if you listen to the word and don’t obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror.
24You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like.
25But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don’t forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it.
FINDING YOUR WORD:
- What did God do through “My One Word” in your life during 2016? Do you have a testimony to share?
- What kind of person do you hope to be by the end of 2017?
- Search the Bible for God’s Word for you. Describe the characteristics of that person and the condition of their heart! Write every word down. Group and order them.
- List 10-15 words, then narrow it down to just one. What impact will each ‘word’ have on the way you see your life?
Stay Future Focused:
- Stay focused on the vision of the person you believe God is calling you to be.
- There is no need to rush.
- Pray 21 Days – Create your list and narrow down that list into your One Word for 2016.
- Our Altar Day – We will begin by picking our words and symbols together on Sunday January, 29th 2017.
The Word “Confession” In Greek = Homo Logeo: Same-Speak:
Speak The Same As God / Agree With God
A One Word Prophecy. A Confession Spoken In Agreement With God About My Life!
BOOKS NEXT WEEK – My One Word – By Mike Ashcraft. Cost $20
January 29th – ALTAR DAY!