Dear RiverTown Family,
The best thing about a sermon on Hell is that you don’t have to go there!
I had an amazing “God Moment” last week. One of the greatest men in the world offered to preach at RiverTown Church the Sunday after next, March 22. Rev. David Howle is a father in ministry in our city to almost everyone I know. He has planted and faithfully watered seeds in ministry here as long as I have been alive.
“Brother David” was Pastor at Edgewood Baptist Church in Columbus for 25 years. He opened the door for my first chance in ministry as a kid to play drums in church orchestra when I was just 12 years old. Then, he allowed me to have my first church pastoral staff position only 10 years later when I was 22. He ordained me to the Gospel ministry and married Melanie Kinney Rathel and I, 17 years ago. Then, he led his church to be our first supporting church in starting RiverTown 15 years ago. In addition to Edgewood’s support, he also wrote a personal check to our ministry every month for our entire first year.
His same faithful fruit in my life was repeated thousands of times before and after I came along in the lives of countless other ministers, men and women. Now, after retiring for the second time, he is available to come and minister to us. I love him more than words could say. God’s Spirit whispered to my soul the instructions to ask him to preach a special sermon about the reality of Hell to us before we celebrate Easter and Christ’s victory over the grave, sin, and Hell forever!
I am crazy excited about this – Can You Tell?
See You Sunday,
Pastor David Rathel
P.S. God has provided the way this year for us to give our community the largest and most exciting Resurrection Celebration on Easter Sunday morning in the history of RiverTown.
Here Are The Highlights!
- 2 Outdoor Resurrection Worship Services On Our Beautiful Back Lawn.
- Grand Re-Opening Of RiverTown’s Building Makeover.
- CROSS and Prayer Garden Offering! – $10,000 Goal! Every Dollar Of Your Financial Offering Goes Toward Building Our New 30 ft. Cross and Prayer Garden.
- 7 AM Sunrise Service!
- 8 AM – Beautiful Buffet Breakfast!
- 9 AM – Helicopter Egg Drop For Kids & Human Easter Egg Coloring For Teens! Instead of hiding eggs, A helicopter will actually will actually fly overhead and blow thousands of brightly colored festival eggs all over our front lawn from above. The teens will all have a Color Me Rad style Color Me Easter party!
- 10 AM Resurrection Worship Service Celebration!
Last Sunday’s Message – TRUE WORSHIP!